"Recently, hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has increased in popularity as a treatment for autism. Numerous studies document oxidative stress and inflammation in individuals with autism; both of these conditions have demonstrated improvement with HBOT, along with enhancement of neurological function and cognitive performance." - DA Rossignol -International Child Development Resource Center. The effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on oxidative stress, inflammation, and symptoms in children with autism: an open-label pilot study.
"One must also consider other sources of systemic immune stimulation, including that from infectious illnesses, vaccinations, exposure to pesticides and industrial chemicals, and even stress. " These sources can lead to immunoexcitotoxicity and this can lead to priming of microglia and evoke microglia activation that can lead to early dementia, Alzheimer's and Autism from neuroinflammatory reactions.Joseph Maroon, MD Nuerosurgeon. Immunoexcitotoxicity as a central mechanism in chronic traumatic encephalopathy - a unifying hypothesis. Surgical Neurology International. 2:107 July 30, 2011
- "Hyperbaric Therapy shows promise for autism treatment" by Elizabeth Diffin, April 23, 2009, Medill Reports, Chicago
- Oxygen, a Key Factor Regulating Cell Behavior during Neurogenesis and Cerebral Diseases Zhang, et al.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment in autism spectrum disorders Medical Gas Research, Rossingol, et.al. June 15, 2012.
- "Link between autsim and abnormal blood-vessel function and oxidative stress" University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- The effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy on oxidative stress, inflammation, and symptoms in children with autism: an open-label pilot study
- Autism, Chapter 5, from the HBOT Manual
- "Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy may Improve Symptoms in Autistic Children" Rossignol, DA Rossignol, LW Pub Med
- "Dr. Julian Whitaker on Vaccinations"
- "A report from parent's on how their children's lives have been improved by Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy" by Julie Gordon, Founder of MUMS (Mothers United for Moral Support), Testimony US House of Representatives, May 6, 2004
- Announcement of a New Treatment Protocol for Autism Spectrum Disorders and other Neurological Impairments, by Paul Harch, MD, Testimony before US House of Representatives, May 6, 2004
- HBOT is best for the treatment of autism, Articlesbase.com, April 5, 2011
- Hyperbaric treatment for children with autism: a multicenter,
"Link between autism and abnormal blood vessel function and oxidative stress"
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might improve certain pathophysiological findings in autism.
**** Please note, the information contained herein is for educational purposes only. We want to help you to make an educated decision about your health care. Please consult a physician before pursuing any kind of therapy.
A prescription is required for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
ORCCA Hyperbaric Oxygen Delray Beach, Florida